Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2020

gmtk game jam 2020 quick takeaways



so the jam was fun...

it was also my first. I was very relaxed about it at first and at second, but at third I got a little bit obsessed and pulled and all nighter because it felt better than having to wake up early on sunday to finish the game.

some takeaways from the faradays:
- don't leave sound for last as this means you probably won't do it;
- playtest to make sure the difficulty doesn't have a huge spike on the second level;
- make sure the restart game function WORKS without breaking the game;

but seriously i'm happy I finished a playable project that had a somewhat interesting implementation of the theme given. I'm happy with the simple art solutions I came up with. Also I liked the overall process of the jam, the fact that the game doesn't have to be perfect or very polished is liberating and in the end everything is good training for finishing games.

the game: crowd control

No comments:

Post a Comment